An All Too Common Problem
Are you looking for dry eye treatment Wilmington, NC? It is estimated that almost 5 million people aged 50 and over in the U.S. alone suffer from dry eyes. Are you one of them?
What Causes Dry Eyes?
Many things can cause dry eyes. But whether you’ve suffered from dry eyes your whole life or if you only recently have developed this condition, you know how very uncomfortable it can be.
Some of the causes of dry eyes include:
- recent eye surgery (Lasik, etc.)
- incomplete eyelid closure
- blocked ducts
- side effect of medication
- exposure to airborne irritants (cigarette smoke, pollutants, etc.)
- contact lenses
- and more
What Are the Symptoms of Dry Eyes?
In Wilmington, NC, dry eyes patients can have varying symptoms. The severity of the symptoms ranges from infrequent and mildly irritating to nearly debilitating. Almost all people who suffer from dry eyes report that their eyesight suffers because of it. This is why those who have dry eyes in Wilmington, NC, seek dry eyes treatment. Here are some commonly reported symptoms of dry eyes:
- problems seeing at night
- inability to comfortably wear contact lenses
- sandy, scratchy feeling on eyes
- increased sensitivity to light
- periodic, heavy eye discharge
- red, tender and/or swollen eyelids
- burning sensation on eyes
- stringy, mucus-like discharge
How are Dry Eyes Treated in Wilmington, NC?
Dry eyes treatment in Wilmington, NC, is available. First, the doctor will examine your eyes; next, you will be asked several questions about your symptoms. These will help the doctor to diagnose you with dry eyes officially.
The next step consists of determining the cause of your dry eyes. Since there are several possibilities, finding the cause of your dry eyes is essential to matching you up with treatment options.